Post in evidenza

"Epidemic: America's Trade in Child Rape"

This book is a wake-up call about a subject too few people want to discuss. That is, while no one was watching, America has become a chi...

domenica 18 dicembre 2016

Ex-USA Gymnastics doctor arrested on child porn charges

LANSING, Mich. — For the second time this year, the former longtime team doctor for USA Gymnastics has been arrested, this time on federal child pornography charges

Michigan officials previously charged Larry Nassar in November with three counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct with a person younger than 13.
The new arrest on Friday is based on a federal indictment in which Nassar is charged with receipt and attempted receipt of child pornography and possession of child pornography. The indictment says that between 2003 and this year, Nassar possessed “thousands of images of child pornography”. 
Allegations against Nassar surfaced after an IndyStar investigation in August revealed top officials at USA Gymnastics failed to report many allegations they received regarding sexual abuse to police or child welfare authorities.
In September, IndyStar first reported sexual abuse allegations against Nassar by two women, including an Olympic medal winner. After that story, more than 50 people filed sexual assault complaints about the osteopathic physician with police at Michigan State University, where Nassar worked at a clinic. The abuse is alleged to have occurred from 1996 to 2016.
Before his arrest Friday, Nassar was free on $1 million bond on the state charges, which carry a potential sentence of life in prison.
Nassar's latest arrest came one day after IndyStar published an investigaton revealing at least 368 gymnasts had made sexual abuse allegations against coaches, gym owners and other adults working in the sport, including Nassar, over the last 20 years.
Nassar worked as the team doctor for USA Gymnastics for nearly 30 years, accompanying America's top gymnasts to four Olympic Games and numerous international competitions.
USA Gymnastics said it cut ties with Nassar in 2015 in response to “athlete concerns,” and alerted the FBI.
But USA Gymnastics let it appear that Nassar had retired, which allowed the osteopathic physician to continue working with gymnasts in Michigan and athletes at Michigan Sate University for nearly a year. USA Gymnastics told IndyStar the FBI prohibited officials from telling anyone about the investigation.
The two women who shared their stories with IndyStar said the alleged molestation occurred during multiple treatments in the 1990s and early 2000s. The two women, who were juveniles at the time, said the doctor fondled their genitals and breasts.
One of them said Nassar also spoke about oral sex and made other inappropriate comments when they were alone, according to court records. The other woman said she told police Nassar was visibly aroused as he examined her during one medical visit.
The state charges filed in November did not, however, involve a gymnast.
The victim in that case was "just a child. A little child," Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette said last month. Court documents say the abuse occurred between 1998 and 2005.
"She provides fortitude to every woman, every girl and every daughter," Schuette said of the victim, who's referred to in court documents as "Victim A."
The attorney general said at the time that the three felony charges against Nassar are the "tip of the iceberg."
He added "many, many" complaints have been made against Nassar, and "we are hopeful that other victims may step forward."
"The guy was a predator ... we'll get the conviction," Schuette said at a news conference.

Ex-USA Gymnastics doctor arrested on child porn charges Matt Mencarini Tim Evans, The Indianapolis Star December 16, 2016


GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — Federal investigators say a former Michigan State University athletic trainer accused of sexual assault may have dozens more victims than previously known.
During a bond hearing in federal court Wednesday, Dr. Lawrence Nassar pleaded not guilty to felony charges of possession and receipt of child pornography.
Also at the Wednesday hearing, FBI Special Agent Rod Charles testified that investigators think there could be more than 60 victims involved in the cases against Nassar.
Agents say they found a hard drive and several disks with Nassar’s name on them in a plastic bag in a trash bin outside his home. Those drives contained about 37,000 images and videos of child pornography, all of underage girls — some of whom were as young as 6 years old. Investigators also say they found a laptop in Nassar’s home that had child porn on it. They’re still sifting through that evidence and say it’s an ongoing process.
Agent Charles also recounted several stories from the victims who have come forward. He said a former MSU gymnast claims that Nassar sexually assaulted her multiples times over the course of several visits when she was 15.
Charles also told the court that in January 1999, Nassar sexually assaulted a 6-year-old family friend over the course of several years. The victim alleges Nassar would play with her, then expose himself in front of her. 
The agent went on to recount several other similar incidents involving teens and young girls. Nassar was previously charged with three counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct involving a minor at the state level.
Late Wednesday afternoon, former MSU softball player Tiffany Thomas Lopez spoke publicly for the first time about what she says Nassar did to her. She said he sexually assaulted her in 1998, touching her inappropriately between the legs and claiming it was treatment to help alleviate lower back pain.
“I feel guilty, not because I did anything wrong, but because I was not able to come forward sooner and perhaps protect other young girls from Dr. Nassar,” Lopez said during a press conference in California, where she lives.
She and 15 other alleged victims have filed a civil lawsuit alleging they reported Nassar to university officials, who did nothing.
“Protecting our children from sexual assault and sexual abuse is more important than protecting employees that may enhance our athletic reputation,” said Stephen Drew, a Grand Rapids attorney who is among those representing Lopez.
Wednesday, a federal judge ruled Nassar should stay locked up in jail until his trial.




USA Gymnastics Sexual Abuse and Cover-Up, Report 16 DICEMBRE 2016




A former football scout linked to a historic paedophile ring operating in youth football has admitted to coaching young players at Cobham FC despite being banned from working in football.
John Butcher, who has convictions relating to child pornography, have been linked to paedophiles who committed historic sexual abuse against youth players at professional clubs across the country.

Footbal Sexual Abuse Apocalypse DECEMBER 2, 2016 


Police say 61-year-old Marvin Sontz, who owns the Del Lanes bowling alley in Delmar, sent an image of child porn to a child in Bethlehem through social media


Delmar Bowling Alley Owner Arrested on Child Pornography Charges Tanja Rekhi December 21, 2016 


Ottawa Police say 36-year-old David Sharpe was charged after an ongoing international investigation into a photo-sharing website


Ottawa man facing child pornography and sexual assault charges December 21, 2016


John Lockman Beebe, 56, was originally charged with 16 counts of possession of child pornography. Each charge was linked to a photograph found on Beebe’s computer


Man found guilty of possession of child pornography SARAH DRURY Dec 21 2016 


He was sentenced to three years in prison in 2013 for storing child pornography on the social media site Tumblr. Prosecutors said he had at least 30 videos of child porn, and that he allowed them to be shared with other people


Child pornographer, ex-lawyer Martin Rothschild sues prison over inability to urinate John O'Brien December 21, 2016


Dr. David S. Kennedy, 48, who operated a medical practice in Pennsburg called Personal Care Pediatrics, was being held on $250,000 for having photographs of underage children on his phone


Montco Pediatrician Accused of Child Porn Dies in Jail Brian X. McCrone Dec. 18, 2016


Stephen Kyle Goodlett a Kentucky high school principal was indicted on 60 counts of possession and three counts of distribution of matter portraying a sex performance by a minor


Ex-Principal Enters Plea on Child Porn Charges The Associated Press Dec. 21, 2016 


Michael David McGowens, 27, was charged with six counts of sexual exploitation of minors


The Pickens County Sheriff’s Office made the arrest on Dec. 15 after Wilson said investigators learned McGowens was involved in downloading and distributing child pornography.


Easley man charged with multiple counts of sexual exploitation of minors December 21st 2016 Dal Kalsi 


Serial rapist Richard Anthony Baker, now 51, well-known on the Plymouth nightclub scene, who is serving four life sentences, downloaded disgusting images and videos after becoming obsessed with child rape over five months at a medium secure mental health unit in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire


DJ rapist loses appeal over vile child sex abuse photos WMNAGreenwood December 19, 2016

One of Britain’s most-notorious rapists had a tablet computer containing hundreds of vile images of children as young as four being raped hidden behind a picture frame in his CELL Mark Duell MailOnline 17 June 2016 


New York High School Teacher Arrested For Child Porn 28 NOVEMBRE 2016



Kik – a mobile chat app available for download on smartphones (iOS and Android) as well as tablets – was used, according to police, by the Belleville suspect, Ethan Z. Chandler, 42, the operator of a video production company (Primetime Sports) that features sports events filmed at schools in the region, when he “engaged in sexually explicit chats” with an individual the suspect believed was a 13-year-old boy but who, in fact, was an undercover cop.
Camm said that Kik is wildly popular with teens.
“Kids are flocking to it,” he said, because even if parents look to check out their child’s phone, “they’re generally unaware of [this app]” and, unfortunately, “predators are going there” to try and chat up kids.
Before Chandler got to Kik, though, he placed an ad on Craigslist soliciting oral sex with a young man, police said. When the undercover cop responded, Chandler invited the “13-year-old” to use Kik to communicate further with him, police said. (Chandler is awaiting prosecution on charges of sexual assault and criminal sexual assault in several incidents involving a teen boy in his Belleville apartment.)
While Craigslist can be a vehicle for conducting legitimate business, it can also expose the user to what Camm called an “underbelly” in its “personals” and “discussion forums” which “cater to every type of sexuality.”
And because would-be predators are posting ads that are carefully phrased to say something like “they’re looking for contact with young people, it’s vague enough” so that it may not afford strong enough grounds for the site operator to delete them.
Another potential “time bomb,” Camm continued, is Snapchat which gives teens a forum for “sending inappropriate photos and/or videos” that cannot be deleted once they are “out there.”
A web-based site called Omegle invites the user to “activate a web-cam and mic” and “talk to a stranger,” Camm said. And there is no log in required, “so you’re anonymous.”
“Kids get on the site and they have ‘Omegle parties,’ they can see adult nudity, for example, and predators are recording (with) screen-capture programs. It’s very scary and, unlike Craigslist, there’s no redeeming feature here – there’s no good reason for kids to be on it,” the detective said.
In “Chatstep.com,” Camm said the user is directed to a “retro-style text community chat room” which “requires no user name” to enter and which allows users to “create their own rooms with or without a password to enter” and where users “can share pictures and videos – there’s a ton of child porn being thrown around there.”
And, Camm added, there are the “encrypted containers,” apps that are “password-protected” and often “disguised” by seemingly innocuous names like “calculator” designed to throw off probing parents.
NJSP investigators are doing all they can to nab the bad guys, Camm said, but because tracking Internet-based suspects is much more tricky than grabbing a suspect off a street, it’s often a frustrating, time-consuming effort.
Another factor weighting against the anti-predator campaign, he said, is that sheer number of offenders is ever-expanding. “It’s something way more prevalent than anyone would expect,” he said. “I’ve been doing this eight years now and every year, we’ve been getting more complaints. Cyber tips come in every day – hundreds each month. It’s non-stop.”
A big help to the DTIU, said Camm, is the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. “They’re a big source of information for us.”
Also of assistance is the New Jersey Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force Tipline (888-648-6007) which accepts information – on a confidential basis – about online distribution of child porn or suspected improper contact by unknown persons communicating with children online or possible sexual abuse of children.
What can parents do on their own to help protect their kids against potential predators?
Parents can acquire any of a variety of “tech options” to ride herd on their kids’ electronic explorations such as consulting their cell phone provider, searching their phones or monitoring software via such systems as “Rakkoon” (iOS), “TeenSafe” (Android) and “Circle” (Home), among others, Camm said.
But parents should realize, he cautioned, “that technology can always be thwarted – today’s kids are smart and they can find a way around it.”
And, he said, given that kids’ “main conduit to the Internet is through their cell phone,” often the best course is to “restrict the use of or eliminate their smartphonegive them a flip phone, instead.”
Most important,” Camm said, “is to communicate with your children about the kind of information they’re putting out there. We’re all human and we all make mistakes. Sometimes a child will inadvertently go onto a bad site and see stuff and if you can establish trust with them, the best thing is getting your kids to come and tell you when they find it.”

NJ man a serial sex predator who may have assaulted 3 boys, officials claim Sergio Bichao December 9, 2016







Ti piace?

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...